Effective Review – Sony Xperia 5
Support the Sony Xperia Compact for a long time – it is not only no longer called a compact. But it is also much less indicative of Xperia. The pocket-sized full flagship marker has returned with a single manufacturer of 5, which is a small space.
Moving from 1 to 5, Sony reduced the screen from 6.5 to 6.1 inches diagonally with the same aspect ratio of 21: 9. 4K resolution is too high for a small display (presumably too high for Xperia 1. But that’s another story ), so the Xperia 5 gets a more reasonable 1080p resolution. Along with the display, the battery capacity also decreased by a few percents.
This is the same 3x12MP camera configuration that you will find on Xperia 1 – the usual wide. Ultra-wide and de facto standard for trivial (2x) advanced telephoto lenses. Xperia 5 also runs on the same Snapdragon 855 chipset, which has a full-sized version.
Also, the compact Xperia explores all the other hardware features that you get in large models. You’ll find stereo speakers, microSD slots, side fingerprint sensors. And a camera dongle – an important part of the design of Sony’s smartphone. The fact is that none of the 1 in 1 missed just for the sake of placing a 5-element segment – and yes. We are looking at the Galaxy Note 10.
Specification of Sony Xperia 5:
- Case: 158x68x8.2 mm Gorilla Glass 6 back and front with an aluminium frame; IP65 / 68,164 g; the degree of protection against penetration
- Camera Feature: Main: 26 mm lens, a dual photodiode.
- Telephoto lens: F / Lens 2.4, 52 mm. 12MP (1 / 3.4″),
- Audio: Qualcomm aptX HD, Hybrid stereo speaker setup, Dolby Atmos.
- Misc: TRILUMINOS display, Side-mounted fingerprint reader, X1 for the mobile engine, BIONZ X for mobile (Eye autofocus);
- Colour Options: Black, Grey, Blue, Red.
- Screen: HDR BT.2020 DC Color space DCI-P3; Apect ratio 21: 9 4 4K (1080x2520px), 6.1 “OLED;
- Front cam: 8MP, fixed-focus with 24mm lens,
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855 chipset, octa-core processor (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485), Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: microSD card support up to 512GB, 6GB of RAM, Storage 128GB ;
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Battery: 3,140mAh Li-Ion; USB Power Delivery fast charging; Smart STAMINA, Battery Care, Xperia Adaptive Charging.
- Connectivity: USB 3.1 Type-C; Bluetooth 5.0; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Dual-SIM/Single-SIM options available (market dependent),GPS + GLONASS;
UnBoxing of Sony Xperia 5:
The Xperia 5 box is similar to 1, just tight (logical) and tall (what?!). Inside you will find the same set of accessories that comes with the Xperia 1. This means that for the months between the release of these two phones. Sony did not switch to USB-C headphones – you still get a pair of Airband’s to connect to the 3.5 mm jack. Which then connect the 3.5mm dongle to the USB-C which included in the kit, and then connect the phone.