MIUI is known for its active community and is committed to adding various useful features to the Android system. But MIUI is still lagging behind in support for the new Android 10 navigation gestures.
According to official Xiaomi MI community news, Xiaomi has begun deploying this feature on several smartphones for beta testing. Currently, this applies only to a few devices running on the MIUI 11 ROM of the National Bank. The MIUI Forum blog has officially announced the introduction of Android 10 gesture control. And published tutorials on how to enable it.
How to enable Android 10 navigation gestures in MIUI 11?
First, you need to make sure that you are using version feature. Xiaomi has not yet included this feature in the global firmware version. After verifying that the Chinese beta is installed on MIUI 11 on Android 10 devices, follow these steps:
- Open the settings application and click “Show.”
- Scroll down and you will see Full Screen.
- Click Full Screen to enable gestures.
Currently, the following gestures have been added:
- Home screen: swipe up from the bottom of the screen
- Open a recent story: swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause
- Switch between applications: swipe left or right from the full-screen indicator or the bottom of the screen
- Back: swipe left or right from the edge of the screen
If you are using a native Android device, you can easily understand these gestures. Soon they will become familiar tools for managing equipment. However, if you use MIUI for a long time, it may take some time to get used to new gestures.