Japanese media reported today that TSMC, the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturing plant, has stopped accepting new orders for Huawei technology. The reason is that the United States on May 15 increased the actual embargo against Huawei. Since shipments of many major semiconductors are declining, this will affect the development of Huawei 5G mobile phones.
According to a report released today in Japan Economic News, TSMC has stopped accepting new Huawei orders.
According to the report, TSMC, the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturing plant, has stopped accepting new orders for Huawei technology. The reason is that on May 15, the US regime strengthened the actual embargo against Huawei. Since shipments of many major semiconductors are declining, this will affect the development of Huawei 5G mobile phones. The competition between China and the United States for dominance in high technology has intensified further, and the risk of a supply chain rupture has become more apparent.
The report said that a number of relevant individuals disclosed the above news.
According to an earlier report, the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturing company Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. announced on May 15 the creation of the most advanced semiconductor plant in Arizona. Construction will begin in 2021, and mass production will begin in 2024. The total investment is expected to be $ 12 billion. Semiconductor manufacturing technology is considered the key to a high-tech dispute between China and the United States and will affect the supply chain of IT (information technology) products in the future.
TSMC accounts for about 50% of the global share in the field of foundry semiconductors, especially in the most advanced areas. The processor (central processor) of the Apple iPhone smartphone in the United States is all produced by TSMC.
According to the report, the US had previously requested TSMC to produce in the United States. On the occasion of the financial report in April, TSMC Chairman Liu Deying said he was actively discussing the construction of the most modern plant in the United States. Intel’s semiconductor company has also proposed policy to expand the supply chain in the United States.
Huawei replaced the US sanction with a Chinese noun
Another “showdown” of Huawei’s flagship smartphone shows that the company must replace many approved US parts with parts unknown to China. The company was forced to take this step due to the protracted trade war between China and the United States.
Last year’s Huawei Mate 30 was demolished by Tokyo Fomalhaut Techno Solutions commissioned by Nikkei Index. It turns out that 42% of the total cost of Mate 30 components is borne by Chinese “parts”. Experts pointed out that this parameter is significantly higher than the parameters of the Mate 20 Pro (review) released by the United States before the sanctions imposed on Huawei in 2018.
Moreover, some Chinese components cannot be installed by manufacturers, including body panels and touch panels. The United States “approved” ingredients account for only 1%. Previously, their share was 11%.