SGO is frequently updated by its publisher Valve, but it seems that recent updates caused the game to crash due to the “Pure Server: Client file does not match server” error.
This update introduces several changes for “sv_pure server”. If the player loads the asset file into the game memory from a file that does not exist on the file system of the game server, the file has been updated and can be used in an official game.
Unfortunately, this change in the CSGO update caused a wide range of problems. According to various reports and our own tests, after applying this update, players will compete from the competition
After kicking the user out of the game, the following error message is displayed:
- Pure Server: The client file does not match the server
If you are kicked, for this reason, there seems to be a simple solution, but it requires you to download up to 256 files after verification.
CSGO is crashing: How to fix Pure server error in CSGO
- Restart the computer and close Steam.
- Open the file explorer.
- Navigate to the program file (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Counter-Strike Global Offensive \ csgo \
- If you have custom content/configuration of models, sprays, etc., please make a back up two folders (models and materials).
- Select two folders, then hold down the Shift key and press the Delete key to permanently delete the “Models and Materials” folder.
- Open Steam and go to the “Library” section.
- Right-click on CSGO and select “Properties” from the menu.
- Go to “Local Files” and click “Integrity of Game Files”.
During this process, the deleted files will be retrieved and it may take a few minutes before you can start the game again.