The coronavirus vaccine will be tested in humans
The Ministry of Defense announced that it has completed training for volunteers to test vaccines, and the first batch of tests will pass soon. At the same time, the company that developed the drug said that Russia’s COVID-19 vaccine production is likely to start in the late autumn-early winter.
More than 8 million people with coronavirus:
– By June 16, 8 118 671 cases of COVID-19 were recorded in the world. 4 216 319 patients recovered, died from infection – 439 198.
– Meanwhile, a total of 537,210 people with a new type of coronavirus have been identified in Russia. 284 539 of them have already been cured, 7 091 – died.
The vaccine – not earlier than the end of autumn
Russia managed to be proactive in the fight against COVID-19, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at a meeting to support the economy and the social sphere.
– In 13 cities of Russia, the festive processions scheduled for June 24 were canceled in honor of the 75th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War. The authorities of the regions made this decision in connection with the unstable epidemiological situation. So, the holiday will not take place in Perm, Nizhny Tagil, Yaroslavl, Pskov, Vologda, Orel, Kursk, Belgorod, Penza, Saransk, Chelyabinsk, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, and Yakutsk.
Dmitry Morozov, the head of Biocad, one of the drugs that produced COVID-19, said: “Russia may start producing new coronavirus vaccines in late autumn or early winter.”
-The Ministry of Defense also reported that clinical trials of coronavirus vaccines will begin soon. »Russian Ministry of Defense in cooperation with the N.F. Epidemiology and Microbiology Research Center Gamalei is completing preparations for the preparation of clinical trials for a Russian vaccine against a new coronavirus infection of volunteers. In the next few days, after completing a two-week quarantine, the first batch of volunteers will be vaccinated, the main purpose of which is to check the safety and tolerability of the vaccine components.
“Many smokers who have had COVID-19 have abandoned a bad habit,” said Pulmonologist Alexander Palman of the Moscow Talks radio station. According to the doctor, for a month and a half of the treatment of patients with a new type of coronavirus, he noticed that they did not quit smoking – although doctors expected this to be a problem.
The new outbreak in China
“ WHO is worried about the outbreak of coronavirus infection in Beijing,” said Michael Ryan, director of the emergency program. “Beijing is a very large and dynamic city with a lot of connections. Therefore, the situation there is of great concern. We are closely monitoring the situation and will continue to do so, ”the official stressed.
– The strain that was found on the wholesale market in Beijing is infectious than the coronavirus detected in Wuhan, said Yang Zhanqiu, professor of virology at the Wuhan University Medical Department.
“In the process of evolution, the infectivity of the virus may increase or may weaken. But I believe that the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus detected on the Xinfadi market is more contagious than the one on the Huanan market in Wuhan, ”the researcher told the Huanqiu Shibao newspaper.
– The Oscar ceremony will be held in April 2021, and not in February, as previously stated, the American Film Academy said. They specified that the date was changed due to the impact of the pandemic on the film industry. The organizers of the event expressed the hope that, due to the extension of the term, filmmakers will be able to capture the pictures.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 + get One UI 2.1 with new functions
Insider word: Apple is preparing a folding iPhone
PlayStation 5: Amazon again lists price & release date of PS5